What is Your Journey Together?
Your Journey Together (YJT) is a strength-based curriculum designed to promote the social and emotional well-being and resilience of vulnerable children and their families. The YJT curriculum focuses on empowering parents to promote safe, trusting and healing environments—all key elements of a trauma-sensitive program. While YJT is designed for families with young children including infants, toddlers and preschoolers, many of the concepts apply to families with children of all ages.
The goal of YJT is to provide parents and guardians with the knowledge and skills that promote resilience, and help family members better cope with life’s challenges and reach their full potential. Your Journey Together shows parents how to use ordinary, everyday routines, activities and interactions as resilience-building opportunities.
Use Your Journey Together to meet the most recent Head Start Performance Standards:
And did you hear the great news? Your Journey Together (YJT) is now listed as a parenting curricula option on the Head Start Parenting Curricula Review Databases! Check it out: PCRD
Learn More About YJT & Promoting Resilience
- Review the different in-person and online professional development opportunities we offer surrounding the YJT resources.
- All of our resources are based on extensive research.
- Read testimonials from professionals who have experienced YJT.
- View a PDF with sample pages from YJT.
- View a PDF with information about YJT as a trauma-sensitive tool.
- Ready to buy? Click here!
- Read a press release about the YJT curriculum and associated national training events.
- Watch a recorded webinar about the use of YJT in supporting vulnerable children and families.
- View a PDF with information about YJT’s alignment with the Center for the Study of Social Policy’s Strengthening Families Initiative.
- Read a published article on YJT.
Get News And Updates
Use the link provided to sign up to stay updated on Your Journey Together and other Devereux Center for Resilient Children Resources: