Resilience-Building Parenting Curriculum
Improve parenting skills with Your Journey Together (YJT), a research-based, trauma-informed curriculum that helps to build resilience in vulnerable children and their families.
What is Your Journey Together?
Your Journey Together (YJT) is a strength-based curriculum designed to promote the social and emotional well-being and resilience of vulnerable children and their families. The YJT curriculum focuses on empowering parents to promote safe, trusting and healing environments – all key elements of a trauma-sensitive program. While YJT is designed for families with young children – infants, toddlers, preschoolers – many of the concepts apply to families with children of all ages.
Are you a Head Start or Early Head Start program?
Your Journey Together can help you meet your Head Start Performance Standards!
DID YOU KNOW? Your Journey Together (YJT) is listed as a parenting curricula option for families in Head Start and Early Head Start programs on the Parenting Curriculum Review Databases (PCRD)! LEARN MORE
Need help deciding on the right curriculum for your program? Check out this Decision-Making Checklist from the National Center on Parent, Family and Community Engagement: Choosing a Parenting Curriculum for Your Program
More about YJT and using it to promote resilience
- Want a peek at something you’ll find in the kit? Here’s the CAREgiving Checklist for Families: English, Spanish
- Check out the research behind YJT.
- Hear from professionals like you, who have experience with the YJT Curriculum.
- View this document to see how YJT is a trauma-sensitive tool.
- See the press release of when YJT was launched!
- Learn about how YJT aligns well with the Center for the Study of Social Policy’s Strengthening Families Framework.
- Check out this published chapter all about YJT.