DCRC is committed to promoting partnerships between the most important adults in a child’s life – parents, family members, as well as early care and education professionals such as child care providers, teachers and home visitors.
The resources offered in this section will provide families with ideas, activities, strategies and resources that promote resilience and social and emotional health in infants and toddlers.
For Professionals Supporting Families
Your Journey Together (YJT) is a strength-based, trauma-sensitive parenting curriculum designed to promote the social and emotional well-being and resilience of vulnerable children and their families. The YJT curriculum focuses on empowering parents to promote safe, trusting and healing environments – all key elements of a trauma sensitive program. Click here to learn more.
Activities To Do With Your Infant or Toddler
Promoting Protective Factors with Your Child – Selected from Promoting Resilience For Now & Forever (Infant/Toddler Edition)
- Combined PDF of All Protective Factor Areas
- Attachment-Relationships (Infants & Toddlers)
- Initiative (Infants & Toddlers)
- Self-Regulation (Toddlers)
- That’s my Name! Activity (pdf)
- Find Delight in the Moment Activity (pdf)
- Mirror Partners Activity (pdf)
Videos/Webinars for Parents
- Tips for Parents – Building Your Children’s Resilience: Take a peek at this video, featuring Dr. Nefertiti Poyner, as she shares a few simple ideas for parents (and other family members) that can help them build children’s resilience at home. Nefertiti is joined by a very special guest in this clip, so be sure to check it out!
- Boosting Your Child’s Resilience & Independence: Bright Horizons brings you our own Nefertiti Poyner, as she shares the building blocks for raising a resilient, independent child who’s able to confidently take initiative, persist through challenges, and try new things. Check it out yourself and/or share with the parents in your life!