For Professionals Supporting Families
Your Journey Together (YJT) is a strength-based, trauma-sensitive parenting curriculum designed to promote the social and emotional well-being and resilience of vulnerable children and their families. The YJT curriculum focuses on empowering parents to promote safe, trusting and healing environments – all key elements of a trauma sensitive program. Click here to learn more.
Activities To Do With Your Infant or Toddler
Promoting Protective Factors with Your Child – Selected from Promoting Resilience For Now & Forever (Infant/Toddler Edition)
- Combined PDF of All Protective Factor Areas
- Attachment-Relationships (Infants & Toddlers)
- Initiative (Infants & Toddlers)
- Self-Regulation (Toddlers)
- That’s my Name! Activity (pdf)
- Find Delight in the Moment Activity (pdf)
- Mirror Partners Activity (pdf)
Videos/Webinars for Parents
- Tips for Parents – Building Your Children’s Resilience: Take a peek at this video, featuring Dr. Nefertiti Poyner, as she shares a few simple ideas for parents (and other family members) that can help them build children’s resilience at home. Nefertiti is joined by a very special guest in this clip, so be sure to check it out!
- Boosting Your Child’s Resilience & Independence: Bright Horizons brings you our own Nefertiti Poyner, as she shares the building blocks for raising a resilient, independent child who’s able to confidently take initiative, persist through challenges, and try new things. Check it out yourself and/or share with the parents in your life!
- How Parents Can Reduce Children’s Challenging Behaviors: Hey, parents! Don’t FLIP OUT, use FLIP IT! Are you interested in finding a way to stay calm, be consistent and support your children (ages 3-8) when they are challenging you? FLIP IT® is a strategy that offers a simple, kind, and commonsense process to address children’s challenging behavior. Check out this one-hour webinar designed just for parents/families, all about this four-step strategy.