Please read: We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, but the DCRC Shop's physical/hard copy items remain unavailable.
Many of our physical/hard copy items can be purchased from our publishing partner Kaplan Early Learning Company:
- FLIP IT! Transforming Challenging Behavior (book)
- Building Your Bounce: Simple Strategies for a Resilient You (book)
- Your Journey Together (YJT) Resilience-Building Parenting Curriculum (resource kit)
- Sociallly Strong, Emotionally Secure: 50 Activities to Promote Resilience in Young Children (book)
- Facing the Challenge DVD Set
- Classroom Moments DVD
What? The Building Your Bounce Professional Development Learning Series is designed to assist in the delivery of a live, group training experience on the topic of adult resilience. The series consists of three, 30-minute facilitated videos, participant handouts, and a facilitator’s guide.
- Part 1: What is Resilience?
- Part 2: Understanding Risk and Protective Factors
- Part 3: Introduction to the Devereux Adult Resilience Survey (DARS)
Who? This can be used with teachers, parents – anyone who cares for young children! The 30-minute videos are facilitated by Nefertiti B. Poyner, Ed.D., Early Childhood Specialist and National Trainer.
How? License the Professional Development Learning Series for your program, so you can share it with your staff and/or parents – anywhere and anytime!
Why? Provide teachers and parents with the resilience they need to give it their all when caring for young children.
If you are seeking more information on this series, continue reading below or reach out to DCRC Director of Professional Development Debi Mahler at [email protected] or (610) 574-6141.
We are in this together! Job stress among teachers continues to be a concern at the national level. When teachers are not able to cope with continuous changes and increased demands, they may not be able to provide the quality teaching and learning experiences expected of them. The same can be said for parents, administrators, and other individuals who care for and educate children. One way to help adults overcome stress and burnout may be to provide them with professional development that introduces strategies that support resilience and the building of protective factors.
In the Building Your Bounce Professional Development Learning Series, the DCRC Team takes advantage of technology in order to deliver a reflective learning experience designed to promote adult resilience. Complete with interactive elements, Nefertiti B. Poyner, Ed.D., co-author of the resource Building Your Bounce: Simple Strategies for a Resilient You, guides participants through reflective activities and life application exercises. Our goal is to provide participants with an opportunity to self-reflect on their own well-being, and then take action to better support their resilience. If you work with parents, this series can be great for you as well! There are many benefits to this digital approach, some of which include:
- Flexibility. You name the time and the place. Each of the three lessons within this series is pre-recorded, so you have great flexibility in when, and even how often, you participate. Recorded files are licensed to your program for ongoing use over time, so that current and future staff benefit from them.
- Choices. Participate as an individual or as part of a group. Program leaders can decide whether to bring staff together for a group learning experience or to offer individuals the opportunity to participate on their own. Each lesson comes with facilitator questions that program leaders can use to take the learning deeper at a staff meeting or anytime staff meet as a group.
- Reflection. Opportunities for reflection are embedded into the series to help spark conversation and provide participants meaningful opportunities to think. Creative, reflective activities have been intentionally added to help facilitate understanding – and have a little child-like fun, too!
- Time. Each of the videos is approximately 30 minutes in length – a short amount of time for adults to invest in their own mental health!
This professional development opportunity offers a cost effective and flexible way to share the message of resilience with your staff!