Facing the Challenge & Classroom Moments
*If you are located in Alaska, Hawaii, or outside of the U.S. and want to place an order, please contact Caroll Berridge at [email protected] or call 1-866-872-4687. You can also contact Caroll if you need a formal quote.
Please read: We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, but the DCRC Shop's physical/hard copy items remain unavailable.
Many of our physical/hard copy items can be purchased from our publishing partner Kaplan Early Learning Company:
- FLIP IT! Transforming Challenging Behavior (book)
- Building Your Bounce: Simple Strategies for a Resilient You (book)
- Your Journey Together (YJT) Resilience-Building Parenting Curriculum (resource kit)
- Sociallly Strong, Emotionally Secure: 50 Activities to Promote Resilience in Young Children (book)
- Facing the Challenge DVD Set
- Classroom Moments DVD
Facing the Challenge DVD Set
This instructional, interactive two-disc DVD set includes more than two hours of training and documentary video, providing teachers with strategies for working with preschool children who display challenging behaviors. In addition to the rich video footage, each DVD set comes with a comprehensive facilitator’s guide, filled with activities and guidance around using the videos for staff professional development.
*You have the option of purchasing just one of the two discs. See further below for more on this option.
Disc One covers:
- What is Challenging Behavior?
- Developmentally Appropriate Behavior
- Why Do Kids Misbehave?
- Parents as Partners
- Skill Development Study #1
Disc Two covers:
- Prevention Strategies
- Behavioral Planning 1 and 2
- Intervention Strategies
- Skill Development Study #2
*You can purchase the DVD or you can purchase the MP4 files for download. See further below for more on this option.
The video clips are divided into six instructional categories – (1) Prevention in Action, (2) Positive Guidance in Action, (3) Learning Opportunities, (4) Developing Observation Skills, (5) Case Study: Pre-Intervention, (6) Case Study: Intervention