By Graham D. Rowles PhD,Graham D., PhD Rowles,Habib, PhD Chaudhury
Leading students, supplying foreign and multidisciplinary viewpoints, research the which means of domestic to elders and the ways that this which means might be sustained, threatened, or converted in line with alterations linked to starting to be old.
Organized into 4 sections--The Essence of domestic, Disruptions of domestic, growing and Recreating domestic, and neighborhood views at the that means of domestic, this quantity explores issues including:
- What makes a home a home?
- What position does the that means of domestic play within the means of relocation to a different position of residence?
- What is the connection among a person's domestic existence and adored possessions resembling symbolic jewellery or non secular goods in overdue life?
- How does the community/neighborhood atmosphere impact the best way that older humans suppose concerning the locations during which they live?
Contributors comprise Hans-Werner Wahl, Robert L. Rubinstein, Edmund Sherman, Carolyn Norris-Baker, and Rick Scheidt, between others. As a different function, this quantity concludes with serious commentaries from 3 eminent students, Amos Rapoport, Kim Dovey, and Marie Versperi.
This quantity can be of curiosity to practitioners, researchers, upper-level graduates/graduate-level scholars in gerontology, environmental psychology, social paintings, and nursing. it will likely be helpful to all people within the assisting professions who search a deeper knowing of the ways that "being at domestic" and attachment to put performs a key position within the lifestyles adventure and wellbeing and fitness in their consumers as they develop older.
Read or Download Home and Identity in Late Life: International Perspectives PDF
Similar gerontology books
"Practical assurance of using, day care, help teams, and respite is very welcome. this can be a reliable publication to have to be had, not only for social paintings school and scholars, but in addition for these within the health and wellbeing sciences, psychology, and sociology. it will likely be an invaluable source for pros dealing with the expanding difficulties for relations and neighborhood that an getting older inhabitants and the epidemic of Alzheimer's disorder convey with them.
In den ethischen Diskursen über das gelingende Alter(n) rücken Fragen nach dem guten Leben und einer entsprechenden Lebensqualität ins Zentrum des Interesses. Die interdisziplinäre gerontologische Forschung untersucht, wie in gesellschaftlichen Kommunikationsprozessen sowohl breit akzeptierte als auch kontrovers diskutierte Leitbilder und Bewertungen des Lebens im adjust entstehen.
Named a 2013 Doody's crucial buy! The 6th version of Nursing domestic management includes crucial info to arrange somebody for licensure and employment as a nursing domestic administrator. This e-book addresses all regulatory items of data to supply readers with an summary of the whole strategy of dealing with a nursing facility.
Dwelling independently and taking part in one’s group are priorities for lots of humans. in lots of areas around the usa, there are courses that help and let individuals with disabilities and older adults to stay the place they decide on and with whom they select and to take part totally of their groups.
- Involving Senior Citizens in Group Music Therapy
- Qualitative Gerontology: A Contemporary Perspective, Second Edition
- Women and Healthy Aging: Living Productively in Spite of It All
- Remembering Yesterday, Caring Today: Reminiscence in Dementia Care: A Guide to Good Practice (University of Bradford Dementia Good Practice Guides)
- Advancing Gerontological Social Work Education (Journal of Gerontological Social Work)
- Age Discrimination and Diversity
Extra resources for Home and Identity in Late Life: International Perspectives
Home and Identity in Late Life: International Perspectives by Graham D. Rowles PhD,Graham D., PhD Rowles,Habib, PhD Chaudhury