By Rohan Gunaratna,Jolene Jerard,Salim Mohamed Nasir
This distinctive paintings is the 1st to deal with the topic of group engagement suggestions in countering extremism, and explores the improvement and study of those innovations. In so doing it demystifies the method of group engagement, whereas at the same time extolling the virtues of the floor breaking techniques to were successfully hired in Asia, the center East, and the West.
The booklet then proceeds to ascertain the efforts of group engagement made by means of a number of nations opposed to their special operational and geopolitical environments. ultimately, exact reference is made to the function and paintings of the media and non-government companies to have carried out potent group engagement efforts.
With contributions from authors of various backgrounds, together with media, the social prone, safety, and academia, this publication can be of curiosity to either most of the people and to researchers.
- Countering Extremism and construction Social Resilience (Rohan Gunaratna)
- Community Engagement: Singapore event (Low Ai Ling)
- Countering Extremism and construction Social Resilience via neighborhood Engagement: South Asian versions (Hussain Mohi-ud-Din Qadri)
- Community Engagement versions within the heart East: The As-Sakinah crusade for discussion (Sheikh Abdul Mun'im al-Mushawwah)
- Counter-Terrorism: Police and group Engagement in Britain, Community-Focused or Community-Targeted? (Basia Spalek)
- ‘Amrokraten, Bemokraten and Cemokraten’: A Case learn of Denazification and management in international conflict II, 1944–1949 (Kristi Cooper)
- A worry administration method of Counter-Terrorism (Tinka M Veldhuis & Edwin Bakker)
- Community Engagement: Countering Violent Extremism within the united kingdom (Robert Lambert)
- Engagement at a Crossroads (Caroline F Ziemke-Dickens)
- The net and New Media: instruments for Countering Extremism and development group Resilience (Maria Ressa)
- Building neighborhood Resilience (Anna Halafoff)
- Countering Extremism and development group Resilience via group Engagement: the united kingdom event (Dilwar Hussain)
Readership: safeguard experts, practitioners of neighborhood engagement, psychologists, coverage makers, lecturers and researchers operating within the box of safety studies.
Read Online or Download Countering Extremism:Building Social Resilience through Community Engagement (Imperial College Press Insurgency and Terrorism Series) PDF
Similar terrorism books
This quantity analyzes the Nordic and Baltic states' dating with the ecu protection and Defence coverage (ESDP). Clive Archer provides a basic heritage to the ecu Union's ESDP, the strategic scenario of Northern Europe, the most protection and defence coverage matters confronted via the states there, in addition to outlining the most theoretical concerns relating protection within the sector.
The awesome real tale of an Israeli challenge that rescued 103 hostages from a hijacked jetliner in Uganda, by means of the writer of a guy referred to as Intrepid. On June 27, 1976, Air France Flight 139 was once hijacked by way of terrorists and flown to Entebbe Airport in Uganda. within the following agonizing days, Israeli passengers have been singled out and held hostage.
A multi-level research of Pakistani human bombs unearths that suicide terrorism is brought on by a number of components with perceived effectiveness, vengeance, poverty, and non secular fundamentalism enjoying a various function on the person, organizational, and environmental degrees. Nationalism and resistance to overseas career seem because the least suitable components in the back of suicide terrorism in Pakistan.
Figuring out the West this day calls for recognising the intense indifference and animosity white humans consider in the direction of their race and cultures. Shaken by means of global wars and scarred through the Holocaust, we favor different races and their cultures. The West refuses to worry these different races and cultures, no matter what they do.
Extra resources for Countering Extremism:Building Social Resilience through Community Engagement (Imperial College Press Insurgency and Terrorism Series)
Countering Extremism:Building Social Resilience through Community Engagement (Imperial College Press Insurgency and Terrorism Series) by Rohan Gunaratna,Jolene Jerard,Salim Mohamed Nasir