By Stephen Graham
- A path-breaking exploration of the intersections of struggle, terrorism and cities
- Argues that modern towns are the foremost strategic websites of geopolitical conflict
- Written by way of the world’s major analysts of the intersections of city house and armed forces and terrorist violence
- Draws on state-of-the-art study from geography, background, structure, making plans, sociology, serious concept, politics, diplomacy and armed forces studies
- Provides up to date empirical analyses of particular conflicts, together with Sept. 11, the “War on Terrorism”, the Balkan wars, the Israeli-Palestinian clash, and concrete antiglobalization battles
- Offers lay readers a cosmopolitan point of view at the violence that's engulfing our more and more urbanised world
Read Online or Download Cities, War, and Terrorism: Towards an Urban Geopolitics (Studies in Urban and Social Change) PDF
Best terrorism books
This quantity analyzes the Nordic and Baltic states' courting with the eu safety and Defence coverage (ESDP). Clive Archer offers a common heritage to the ecu Union's ESDP, the strategic state of affairs of Northern Europe, the most safety and defence coverage concerns confronted by means of the states there, in addition to outlining the most theoretical issues pertaining to safeguard within the area.
The really good actual tale of an Israeli venture that rescued 103 hostages from a hijacked jetliner in Uganda, via the writer of a guy known as Intrepid. On June 27, 1976, Air France Flight 139 used to be hijacked via terrorists and flown to Entebbe Airport in Uganda. within the following agonizing days, Israeli passengers have been singled out and held hostage.
A multi-level research of Pakistani human bombs unearths that suicide terrorism is as a result of a number of components with perceived effectiveness, vengeance, poverty, and non secular fundamentalism enjoying a various position on the person, organizational, and environmental degrees. Nationalism and resistance to international profession look because the least proper elements in the back of suicide terrorism in Pakistan.
Realizing the West at the present time calls for recognising the intense indifference and animosity white humans suppose in the direction of their race and cultures. Shaken via global wars and scarred via the Holocaust, we want different races and their cultures. The West refuses to worry these different races and cultures, no matter what they do.
Extra resources for Cities, War, and Terrorism: Towards an Urban Geopolitics (Studies in Urban and Social Change)
Cities, War, and Terrorism: Towards an Urban Geopolitics (Studies in Urban and Social Change) by Stephen Graham