Two mega-trends of recent tradition, the fast getting older of the inhabitants and the inexorable advances in know-how, have fueled the advance of gerontechnology--the use oftechnology to maintain person autonomy to a sophisticated age. This expansive bookencompasses cutting-edge learn in gerontechnology and promising new technologies,products, and companies which can enhance actions of day-by-day dwelling, basic overall healthiness, and wellbeingof older contributors. It addresses present and destiny functions in such an important areasas mobility and transportation, assistive units, clever houses for senior electorate, in-hometechnologies, safeguard and privateness, and study and improvement highlighting--amongothers--design.
Topics comprise, yet are usually not restricted to, digital environments as a study instrument, sensation, notion, and cognition study developments, novel accessibility demanding situations to info and conversation expertise, in addition to the evolving features of the aged. those are one of the welcome advancements addressed within the ebook. individuals from worldwide, together with the united kingdom, Germany, Japan, Canada, The Netherlands, Korea, the USA, and extra, deliver remarkable cross-cultural perception to the intersections of getting older phenomena and technology.
- Disseminates empirically confirmed findings and evidence-based theories, types, and concepts
- Written by way of world-recognized leaders within the box of expertise and aging
- Reflects the worldwide utilization of gerontechnological applications
- Includes new applied sciences, examine, and functions for digital environments, clever houses, assistive expertise care, and robotics
- Discusses computer-assisted social engagement, technology-facilitated caregiving, enterprise case examples, and more