By Sue Barker
As clinical advances turn into extra refined, general lifestyles expectations keep growing. This offers major demanding situations to the health and wellbeing care method, and taking good care of older humans is now each nurse's hindrance. This booklet goals to aid nursing scholars know the way to take care of older humans in any care environment. It uniquely makes a speciality of person-centred, humanised care as well as actual care, assisting scholars to check attitudes in the direction of older humans in overall healthiness care and wrestle unfavourable stereotypes. The publication takes a good stance on growing older, celebrating the truth that within the Western global we are living longer and more fit with a spotlight at the health of the individual.
· Easy-to-read creation for nursing scholars, with a bankruptcy on benefiting from placements with older people;
· Linked to the most recent NMC criteria and crucial talents Clusters for degree-level education;
· Theory is associated with perform via case reports and eventualities, emphasising the lived reports of the older person;
· Plenty of actions support construct serious pondering and graduate skills;
· Further assets at the book’s web site that can assist you on your instructing together with extra questions and case reports, site hyperlinks, and PDFs of helpful resources.
Read or Download Caring for Older People in Nursing (Transforming Nursing Practice Series) PDF
Best gerontology books
"Practical assurance of riding, day care, help teams, and respite is especially welcome. it is a reliable booklet to have to be had, not only for social paintings school and scholars, but additionally for these within the health and wellbeing sciences, psychology, and sociology. will probably be an invaluable source for execs dealing with the expanding difficulties for relations and group that an getting older inhabitants and the epidemic of Alzheimer's sickness convey with them.
In den ethischen Diskursen über das gelingende Alter(n) rücken Fragen nach dem guten Leben und einer entsprechenden Lebensqualität ins Zentrum des Interesses. Die interdisziplinäre gerontologische Forschung untersucht, wie in gesellschaftlichen Kommunikationsprozessen sowohl breit akzeptierte als auch kontrovers diskutierte Leitbilder und Bewertungen des Lebens im adjust entstehen.
Named a 2013 Doody's crucial buy! The 6th variation of Nursing domestic management comprises crucial details to organize anyone for licensure and employment as a nursing domestic administrator. This ebook addresses all regulatory items of data to supply readers with an outline of the complete means of handling a nursing facility.
Residing independently and taking part in one’s neighborhood are priorities for plenty of humans. in lots of areas around the usa, there are courses that help and let individuals with disabilities and older adults to dwell the place they pick out and with whom they opt for and to take part absolutely of their groups.
- Ist das Altern der Gesellschaft ein Problem? Ziele und Schwierigkeiten der Alterssicherungssysteme (German Edition)
- Multidisciplinary public health: Understanding the development of the modern workforce
- Transforming Palliative Care in Nursing Homes: The Social Work Role (End of Life Care: A Series)
- Aging in Rural Places: Programs, Policies, and Professional Practice
- Evidence-Based Treatment with Older Adults: Theory, Practice, and Research (Evidence-Based Practices)
Additional info for Caring for Older People in Nursing (Transforming Nursing Practice Series)
Caring for Older People in Nursing (Transforming Nursing Practice Series) by Sue Barker