By Chandra M. Mehrotra,Lisa S. Wagner,Stephen Fried,Chandra Mehrotra
This new version has been thoroughly rewritten and contains chapters that handle key themes in variety and getting older: examine tools, mental getting older; health and wellbeing ideals, behaviors, and prone; wellbeing and fitness disparities; casual and formal deal with older individuals; paintings and retirement; spiritual association and spirituality; and loss of life, loss of life, and bereavement. Taking a extensive view of range, Mehrotra and Wagner speak about components of variety comparable to gender, race or ethnicity, spiritual association, social type, rural-urban group place and sexual orientation. together with those components lets them exhibit a few of the wealthy complexities of our varied tradition - complexities that offer either demanding situations to satisfy the desires of various inhabitants and possibilities to benefit how you can reside in a pluralistic society.
Throughout the ebook, Mehrotra and Wagner current up to date wisdom and scholarship in a manner that engages readers in lively studying. instead of easily transmitting details, the authors position ongoing emphasis on constructing readers’ wisdom and talents; fostering better order pondering and inspiring exploration of non-public values and attitudes.
Distinctive beneficial properties of the e-book include:
- Opening vignettes for every bankruptcy that current a sampling of ways the problems to be mentioned follow to varied elders.
- Active studying reports that invite readers to interview various elders, behavior web searches, and provides an research of a case study.
- Quizzes on the finish of the chapters aid readers ensure the level to which they've got discovered the cloth; the main for every quiz comprises information about right and unsuitable responses in order that extra studying can occur.
- Aging and variety on-line bins interspersed in the course of the e-book supply net assets that readers may possibly use to discover new study and publications.
- Suggested readings and audiovisual assets given on the finish of every bankruptcy function a advisor to more information on issues coated within the bankruptcy.
This method of featuring the cloth may help the readers comprehend and observe key innovations and rules in ways in which won't basically enhance the lives of older humans they serve, yet also will increase their very own getting older experience.
Read Online or Download Aging and Diversity: An Active Learning Experience PDF
Similar gerontology books
"Practical assurance of using, day care, aid teams, and respite is very welcome. it is a reliable publication to have to be had, not only for social paintings college and scholars, but in addition for these within the health and wellbeing sciences, psychology, and sociology. will probably be an invaluable source for execs dealing with the expanding difficulties for kinfolk and neighborhood that an getting older inhabitants and the epidemic of Alzheimer's ailment convey with them.
In den ethischen Diskursen über das gelingende Alter(n) rücken Fragen nach dem guten Leben und einer entsprechenden Lebensqualität ins Zentrum des Interesses. Die interdisziplinäre gerontologische Forschung untersucht, wie in gesellschaftlichen Kommunikationsprozessen sowohl breit akzeptierte als auch kontrovers diskutierte Leitbilder und Bewertungen des Lebens im adjust entstehen.
Named a 2013 Doody's crucial buy! The 6th version of Nursing domestic management comprises crucial details to arrange someone for licensure and employment as a nursing domestic administrator. This booklet addresses all regulatory items of knowledge to supply readers with an summary of the complete strategy of dealing with a nursing facility.
Residing independently and collaborating in one’s group are priorities for plenty of humans. in lots of areas around the usa, there are courses that help and let individuals with disabilities and older adults to stay the place they decide on and with whom they select and to take part totally of their groups.
- The Aging Networks, 8th Edition: A Guide to Programs and Services
- Social Work With Groups: Expanding Horizons
- The Hospice: Development and Administration (Death Education, Aging and Health Care)
- Clinical Cases in Geriatric Dermatology (Clinical Cases in Dermatology)
- Community Care for an Aging Society: Issues, Policies, and Services (Springer Series on Lifestyles and Issues in Aging)
- Migration und Alter. Die Lebenslagen älterer Migranten in Deutschland (German Edition)
Extra info for Aging and Diversity: An Active Learning Experience
Aging and Diversity: An Active Learning Experience by Chandra M. Mehrotra,Lisa S. Wagner,Stephen Fried,Chandra Mehrotra